Sandra's Reviews > With Malice

A trip to Italy.
An accident.
One girl injured.
The other one dead.
“Don’t you get it? Who we are is what comes out when shit goes bad . You can’t tell anything about a person when things are great. If you want to really know someone, be there when everything goes to hell.”

18-year old Jill wakes up in the hospital, with a broken leg, a concussion, and no recollection of what happened at all. The news that her best friend Simone was with her during the incident, but did not make it, devastates her. To make matters worse, the Italian police doesn't think it was an accident.

We see everything unfold from Jill's perspective, but there is an added dimension through police reports, relentless (social) media coverage and public responses. It involves the reader and lets us form our own opinion. Questions arise and you just want to know more and more. What actually happened? Who is this guy who seems to play an important role on their trip?

This book got my heart thumping, my mind racing, and I have to admit that it was one exhilarating ride! The book just sucks you right in and it doesn't let you go until you are done with the last page.

Highly recommended whether you read YA or not.

Review copy supplied by publisher through NetGalley in exchange for a rating and/or review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With Malice.

January 16, 2016 – Shelved
January 20, 2016 – Started Reading
January 20, 2016 –
42.0% "I just can't stop reading! Like devouring ice cream with chocolate chip cookies and someone is about to take it away. And I have to finish it before that happens..."
January 20, 2016 – Finished Reading

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* You got it? Yay! I can't wait to see what you think

Sandra It came through a few minutes ago! *doing the happy dance*

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Sandra wrote: "It came through a few minutes ago! *doing the happy dance*
Never thought it would though, I usually don't request YA. But no complaining here. Makes up for Larry Watson's no haha"

This one for me was one of the better YA's that I've read. I couldn't put it down and read it in one day. LOL

Sandra And I already have so many to read *sigh*
Think I am going to start on it...now haha

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Sandra wrote: "And I already have so many to read *sigh*
Think I am going to start on it...now haha"

bwahahaha!

Sandra Okay Shelby, I'm done! :-D

message 7: by BOOKBOX by Kat (new)

BOOKBOX by Kat Great review! thank you for sharing... I would love to read it too.

Sandra BOOKBOX by Kat wrote: "Great review! thank you for sharing... I would love to read it too."

Thanks Kat!
Are you on NetGalley? If so, you could request the ARC. I got an approval for it in four days.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Sandra wrote: "Okay Shelby, I'm done! :-D
As soon as I was finished and did a quick update here, I fell asleep. I was completely exhausted from the marathon read haha"

I'm glad you liked it. I was the same way. Once I started it I could not stop. I hope this book does really well. It's nice to see a YA book that you don't have to have a boyfriend in.

Sandra Shelby *trains flying monkeys* wrote: "It's nice to see a YA book that you don't have to have a boyfriend"

Now there's a good point you make.

I hope it does well too, even outside the YA group they are aiming for.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Oooh great review! If I don't get this one I might hurt somebody ; )

Sandra Good luck, I'll stay clear of you haha

Deanna Great review!! I'm looking forward to reading this one :)

Sandra Deanna wrote: "Great review!! I'm looking forward to reading this one :)"

Thanks Deanna!
Hope you will enjoy it too.

Ioana Ooo this one sounds so good! I always take your 5 stars very seriously and so far I've loved every rec from your list :) Adding it!!

message 16: by debra (new) - added it

debra Great review, Sandra! I really like YA books esp the ones that transcend that category. Adding it