Garrett's Reviews > Fins

Fins by Ashley L. Knight

Feb 28, 2011

Read from February 28 to March 22, 2011

FINS was a magical story filled with mermaids, magic, and romance. The main character, Morgan, was a refreshing read because unlike other heroines of YA paranormal romance (Bella Swan comes to mind), she doesn't sit around and let her true love save her. She goes to whatever risk she must take to save those she cares about.
The descriptions in this book were lush and vivid, so much that I wanted to visit Tammer's house in Florida and not just visit, but I wanted to live there! The descriptions of the mermaids are beautiful, too.
And the TWISTS! Oh, my gosh! This book had a lot of twists I never even saw coming. It was definitely unpredictable, I'll say that.
A lot of people might read the book and think Morgan and Thayde fell in love too fast, but it wasn't overtly sappy or mushy. And Morgan didn't all of a sudden become a damsel in distress. In fact, she insisted on fighting back against the villains and helping her friends and family.
I definitely found FINS a quick, cozy read, one you want to curl up inside and live within its pages. It's a beautiful book, and Ashley Knight really knows how to keep you on your toes with all the twists and turns.
Oh, and on a side note, I loved the names. Thayde, Naira, Tiesa, Ezen...
So, FINS was definitely a quick, fun read, and I will be eagery anticipating Book 2: FATHOM and Book 3: FOREVER.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fins.

02/28/2011 page 51
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Knight Looking forward to what you think!

message 2: by Garrett (last edited Mar 02, 2011 02:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Garrett Thanks! I'm already hooked! I did not see that coming with the thing that involved Morgan's father! I'm already loving it, and your descriptions of the house, setting, and characters are so vivid and beautiful. :)

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Knight :-)

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Knight Hey you! Have you finished it yet? What'd you think?

Garrett Hey! I haven't read much lately, but I should be done in the next couple days! I'm on Chapter 6: THAYDE (love that name, by the way), and I'm excited to finally meet this guy Morgan's been dreaming about. The book really is addicting! :) Just talking about it makes me want to go read some more now!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Knight Ha ha! That's awesome! Glad you're enjoying it - I really love the name Thayde - he's kind of my dream guy too - if you're on facebook look up FINS trilogy & there's a few pictures of people I imagined & Eddie from Eddie & the Cruisers was my first crush in the 80's & the guy I based Thayde on. Very handsome man.

Garrett Cool! I'll definitely look it up! I'll make sure to 'Like' the FINS fanpage, too! :)

Garrett Loved the book, Ashley! Can't wait for the next one!

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Knight Thank you for such a lovely review, Garrett! I loved it! You are a sweetie!! I forwarded it on to my publishers.

Garrett Aww, thanks! And thank you for writing such an amazing book!