Summer's Reviews > The Boy at the End of the World

The Boy at the End of the World by Greg Van Eekhout

I absolutely loved this book. It's so hard to find a book to recommend to a middle school boy. Well this is it! It has everything, adventure, hilarity, thought provoking circumstances. Gosh darn it, it made me think about what I would do in Fisher's situation.

I'm not going to go into the specifics of the story, but I am going to say the characters were fantastic. The originality and voice of each character was superb. I know i'm gushing incoherently, but it is rare for me to find a middle grade boy book that isn't just people running and hiding and shooting each other. This book has substance....but it's so good the kid reading it won't even realize they could be learning, and thinking. I'll be hand-selling this book like mad.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy at the End of the World.

February 28, 2011 – Started Reading
February 28, 2011 – Shelved
February 28, 2011 –
page 120
53.57% "This is amazing...given the chance I would have neglected my children so I could have sat and read the whole thing in one sitting. Perfect for middle grade. Especially boys! I can't wait to finish it. Greg Van Eeckhout writes seamlessly making you never want to put down the book. Look at me gushing and I haven't even finished it yet!"
March 4, 2011 – Finished Reading