Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s Reviews > The Deleted E-Mails of Hillary Clinton: A Parody

The Deleted E-Mails of Hillary Clinton by John Moe

bookshelves: arcs, funny-haha, non-fiction, read-in-2016

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Palm Springs commercial photography

If you don’t have a sense of humor, this book is most definitely NOT the choice for you. On the other hand, if you’re like me and are already a little tired of your resident Donald Trump Kool-Aid drinker’s election talk around the water cooler, this is a great selection to have sitting on top of your desk all day, every day. It’s almost as handy as a can of Troll-B-Gone – but not quite. Since The Deleted E-mails of Hillary Clinton flat out states it is a parody in the title, I felt my giffy inspiration could only come from one place. So without further ado . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Or a book “review.” Whatever.

Read all about Hillary’s quest for the perfect pantsuit for any occasion . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

As well as how her staff attempts to get her to unwind. Things like providing her an X-Box and Call of Duty Black Ops . . . .

“I’m sure any game like this is beyond my capabilities. The last game I played with any real concentration was Ms. Pac-Man but I ultimately got frustrated with how she felt a need to wear lipstick and I worried the ghosts didn’t take her seriously.”

Learn about Clinton’s former celebrity crush . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

“Confession time: I used to have a TOTAL crush on Prince. But I’m over that now. I really am.”

And who make up the other three members of the “Fun Four.” Spoiler alert about one of said members:

(Yes I realize that is NOT a Saturday Night Live gif, but I will use it at each and every opportunity presented until Oprah sends me a cease and desist letter.)

As well as what they do in their spare time . . . .

“I’ll see if Barack can toss me the keys to Camp David for a weekend. It’s a lovely facility – peaceful, quiet, great food, and you can hunt actual human beings with rifles and shoot them dead. Ha! Just kidding. They’re animatronic mannequins that have been built to skitter through the woods. You can really shoot them, though. It’s pretty weird, to be honest with you. Cheney had it put in.”

Be shocked when you find out Hillary was the driving force behind some of television’s finest programs . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

And has received offers from an equally surprising potential running mate for the next “president picking contest election” . . . .

Meet the most unlikely email superhacker ever . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Finally, dive right in to the real meat and potatoes everyone has been curious about. Things like Clinton’s reaction to the death of Gaddafi . . . .

“I’ll tell you one thing about the United States: give us a quarter of a century, we’ll get our man.”

And the most hot-button issue of all. Benghazi . . .

“Even so, I remind you that no one must ever find out the truth. The shocking truth that □□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□ and that the State Department believed tha□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□ between Barack Obama and Condi Rice on a speedboat outsi□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□ Area 51 but by that point, Ed Asner was □□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□ Whitewater AND Lewinsky AND the repeated failure of □□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□three sorcerers.”

Juicy stuff, right?

Anywho. This was quite the amusing little time waster that would make a great gift for the right-wing zealot in your family. Win or lose, Hillary (and her personal e-mails) are sure to be a topic of conversation for years to come. Unlike this poor guy . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

None of my friends have read this so I WILL TAKE ALLLLLLLL THE GLORY FOR MYSELF. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ARC provided by Blogging for Books in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deleted E-Mails of Hillary Clinton.

January 15, 2016 – Started Reading
January 15, 2016 – Shelved
January 15, 2016 –
page 48
30.0% "Excerpt from an email from Oprah: "What do people without shows do? I've written three operas and a whole series of sexy novels under the pseudonym E.L. James." *dies laughing*"
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: arcs
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: funny-haha
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: non-fiction
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: read-in-2016
January 20, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Ivonne (last edited Jan 20, 2016 10:35AM) (new)

Ivonne Rovira OMG! This review was hilarious!

message 3: by TL (new)

TL <3 :)

message 4: by Jilly (new)

Jilly Funny review! Sounds like a fun book to break-up the horrible political monotony.

message 5: by Deanna (new)

Deanna I heart you!
my mom is so into all this, she's gotta see your review.
but for now it's just me and I think it's hilarious!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Awwwww thanks Deanna! Your mom needs an account so she can look at everyone's gifts all day ; )

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

L. O. L.