GeGi's Reviews > Winter

Winter by Marissa Meyer

bookshelves: need_to_buy
Recommended to GeGi by: Elizabeth

I reviewed the Lunar Chronicles on my blog back while waiting for Fairest to be released. Now that I've read Winter and the series is complete, I'd just like to officially place all of them on my personal THIS SERIES/BOOK IS TOTAL PERFECTION MY FAVORITE FOREVER list. That's a little hyperbolic, but you get the idea.

I stand by my gushing in the old post, and especially by my saying this series just gets better with each book. Winter had me on the edge of my seat for, well, a lot of the book judging by my progress updates. I still adore my precious OTPs (all of them. I ship them all so hard), and the writing is so accessible and easy and fun, and the characters and dialogue and relationships (friendships included because they are just as precious and perfect and shippable) all sparkle off the page, and the act is tense and nerve-wracking and...

Ahem, anyway. Again, all that comes across very strongly in my progress updates. Along with a lot of shouty-typing. I love this book, I love this series, and I never want to say good-bye to this world. I'm not sure I can coherently say much more than that about it. But that's what happens when I love something this much: too many feels = diminishing eloquence. Everything becomes gushing and flailing and shouting and hyperbole. So let my shortened review of this final installment of the Lunar Chronicles stand as testimony of just how incredible it is, and how much I think everyone should read all the books in the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter.

January 15, 2016 – Started Reading
January 15, 2016 – Shelved
page 1
0.12% "FINALLY. Getting to start this book is the sole upside of getting stranded by my car right now..."
page 77
9.25% "The Lunar Chronicles have so many lovely shippable ships. It's adorable even when it's being heartbreaking. <3"
page 124
14.9% "It's funny, but even though Cinder/Kai was the first ship in the series, they're actually the one I'm least interested in as a couple. I like Cinder and Kai, don't get me wrong, but they're more interesting to me as individuals than they are together, so far. The other three ships (FOUR SHIPS IN ONE SERIES AND NO LOVE TRIANGLES IN SIGHT I FEEL SO SPOILED/HAPPY) all have me shipping them like whoa."
page 140
16.83% "I love these books so much... Like, I can't even describe how perfect they are."
January 16, 2016 –
page 202
24.28% "I love Winter. And Jacin. And Winter/Jacin. And Winter meeting certain other main characters. I'm just gonna go scream and flail internally for a while now. Don't mind me."
page 301
36.18% "A Linh Pearl POV? How unexpected!"
page 374
44.95% "This book. This effing book. *incoherent internal screaming of tension and love and worry*"
page 396
47.6% "This book is just SO. DAMN. GOOD. I'm giving myself high BP just reading it, cause I'm so incredibly nervous for everyone all the time. I'm gonna have to take a break soon just so I can calm down."
page 519
62.38% "There is no way to coherently talk about what this book is doing to me. This is a hell of climax to the series!"
page 535
64.3% "NOTHING IS OKAY RIGHT NOW. NOTHING!"
page 542
65.14% "I don't care that I've only gotten a few more pages because SERIOUSLY, NOTHING IS OKAY. EVERYTHING HURTS. THIS BOOK IS *NOT*. *OKAY*. I'M NOT OKAY RIGHT NOW READING IT. LOTS AND LOTS OF INTERNAL (AND TYPED) SCREAMING IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF HOW NOT OKAY EVERYTHING IS."
page 546
65.63% "AND THINGS CONTINUE TO NOT BE OKAY, HOLY HELL ALL MY POOR FAVS...\n \n *the internal screaming is now joined by endless sobbing.*\n \n I'm so glad I didn't try to read any more last night before bed, btw. That would have been awful. I would not have slept at all."
page 610
73.32% "This book is killing me slowly and I can't stop reading..."
page 680
81.73% "I'm so nervous and tense and there's still so many pages left..."
page 750
90.14% "I'm seriously kind of having a nervous breakdown right now over this fight scene. Fuckfuckfuckholyhell it's all going horribly wrong and everything hurts damn it. This is all your fault* Ashlea!\n \n *this phrase translates to: Thank you so much from the bottom of my slightly blacked heart for introducing me to something that is slowly driving me insane by being utter perfection."
page 824
99.04% "Perfect ending is perfect. My soul is destroyed. I crave sequel adventures of the future events."
January 19, 2016 – Shelved as: need_to_buy