Skye (HailHydra)'s Reviews > The Siren

The Siren by Kiera Cass

Jan 15, 2016

bookshelves: favourites, own, addicted-to-ya, 2016

** spoiler alert ** OMYGOD THIS BOOK IS AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL AND SO WELL WRITTEN. I AM IN LOVE. THIS NOVEL WAS SO CAPTIVATING AND GORGEOUS AND CLEARLY DEPICTS WHAT IT IS LIKE TO FALL IN LOVE FOR THE FIRST TIME. (I THINK SO ANYWAY, IVE NEVER ACTUALLY FALLEN IN LOVE). I LOVE THAT THIS NOVEL SHOWS SIRENS IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT. INSTEAD OF BEING BLOODTHIRSTY BEASTS WHO TAKE PLEASURE IN LURING MEN TO THEIR DEATHS FOR NO OTHER REASON THEN THEIR PURE ENJOYMENT, THE SIRENS IN THIS NOVEL HATE TO KILL, DOING IT ONLY SO THE OCEAN MAY LIVE.
I LOVE AKINLI SO MUCH IT IS A PHYSICAL ACHE INSIDE OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE PAIN OF HIM BEING FICTIONAL IS TOO MUCH BEAR. <3
I HATE THE OCEAN. I SIMPLY CANNOT LIKE HER NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY. SHE KILLS OTHERS SO THAT SHE CAN CONTINUE TO LIVE, AND I CANNOT FIND IT WITHIN MYSELF TO LIKE SOMEONE (OR RATHER, SOMETHING) THAT WOULD DO SOMETHING SO AWFUL.
I REALLY LOVED HOW THIS BOOK WAS A ROMANCE, BUT THE TWO LOVE INTERESTS (KAHLEN AND AKINLI) WERE HARDLY TOGETHER IN THE NOVEL. I MEAN, OBVIOUSLY, I WANTED THEM TO BE TOGETHER, BUT IM SO SICK OF ROMANCE NOVELS WHERE THE CHARACTERS ARE TOGETHER FOR THE ENTIRE FRICKING BOOK AND ITS ALL ABOUT THEM FALLING IN LOVE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER AND BEING HAPPY. IT'S SO INCREDIBLY BORING!!
WHILE IT IS SAD THAT KAHLEN HAS NO MEMORY OF AKINLI FROM HER TIME AS A SIREN, IT WAS ALSO GREAT. I MEAN, IT SHOWS THAT YOUR HAPPY ENDING MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTING, OR WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED, BUT IT CAN STILL BE INCREDIBLE.
I LOVE HOW SHE WAS THE THING THAT WAS KILLING HIM. HER LOVE FOR HIM WAS ALMOST THE REASON FOR HIS DEMISE. MWAHAHAHAAHA. SO DIFFERENT FROM YOUR TYPICAL ROMANCE.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND IF YOU READ THIS AND DECIDE NOT TO HEED MY ADVICE AND READ IT, I AM VERY ASHAMED. THIS NOVEL WAS SO AMAZING, I CAN FIND NO WORDS FOR IT.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siren.

Quotes Skye (HailHydra) Liked

Kiera Cass
“Love is a risk worth taking.
I'd waited an eternity for this.
I'd have waited all over again if I had to.
I was meant to be kiss this boy, designed to be held by him.
All the careful postures I held melted away, and I pulled him closer.
We were stars.