Andrea's Reviews > Mistress of the Art of Death

Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin

Feb 27, 2011

Read from February 27 to March 01, 2011

A break from my normal dystopian and Victorian fiction I thoroughly enjoyed this tale set in the late 1100's, another time period I enjoy for the tale of dragons an unexplored country. While there were no dragons within these pages I was completely captivated by the "young doctor" who could "speak with the dead". Now we are not talking about seances or channeling their spirits, but actually looking at the dead bodies and learning their tale though examination. Interesting from start to finish with enough historical facts to keep you situated the story unfolds over murder and mystery which kept me glued to the next page. If you are a fictional history reader and believe in the equal and fair treatment of women while enjoying a bit of darkness in your tales this is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistress of the Art of Death.

02/27/2011 page 199
50.0% "This was almost thrown out the window due to a rocky start, but now I don't want to put it down! Since the first couple of pages I thought I read who the killer was, but now can not find it...wonder if I am right ; )"