Michelle's Reviews > The Last Song

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Feb 27, 2011

bookshelves: favorite, young-adult, 5-stars-jaw-dropping, i-cried, ya-contemp, deep-stuff, amazing-titles
Recommended for: Fans of Nicholas Sparks' work, romance novels, and summer stories

This is one of my favorite books. Some people said that it did not hold their interest long enough, but that's not the case with me. This book was so intriguing for me. The second half of the book kept me turning and turning the pages until the end. Of course I knew what would happen, since I saw the movie before.

The main character, 17-year-old Ronnie Miller, became rebellious and extremely angry when her dad left her family. She blamed everything on him and she absolutely hated him. When Ronnie and her brother Jonah visit their father for the summer, Ronnie slowly matures and evolves into a loving, mature girl who sees the world from a different perspective. It is so beautiful to see how she goes from a rebellious teenager full of hate into a loving person who doesn't take anything for granted.

Ronnie also falls in love with a local Southern boy, Will Blakelee. I have to admit, Ronnie's constant mood swings in the movie was very annoying (get mad at him, fall back in love, get mad, etc etc), but it was different in the book. There were a lot of different things in the book and the movie.

The story seems so real, as if I know all of the characters personally. Sparks' intimate writing just makes you want to reach out and hug Ronnie, Will, Jonah, and Steve simultaneously! D: The beach setting was also so beautiful. This book is very very emotional and made me cry at some points. It is full of so many different emotions and feelings, but most of all it is packed full of LOVE.

Beautiful book ;~;

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Song.

February 27, 2011 – Shelved