Kari Trumbo's Reviews > Raising God's Girl

Raising God's Girl by Mary Lou  Graham

I have read my share of parenting books from Christian authors, but for some reason, I saw this one and felt the need to read it. I'm glad I did. Where I've encountered skewed scripture and shaming in other parental guides, this one does not do that.

So, does it teach you anything? Yes, and it manages to do it in a way filled with grace and humility. While I don't know that I will ever attain all the things they suggest, they realize this from the start. They are honest with the fact that both of the authors have stumbled and come across these truths through prayer, supplication, trial, and error.

Be prepared to spend (unless you have quite a block of time per day to devote to this study) at least two days per chapter. They run quite long at roughly 30 pages each and each one is quite full. While I can see many mothers picking this up, the book is geared for both parents to read and get a lot out of.

While I loved each chapter, the parts I enjoyed the most were the parts at the end where one of their daughters would weigh in on the lesson. It was a sweet testimonial to what each chapter tried to convey. This is a good book that I will be turning back to.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher through the BookCrash.com book review program, which requires an honest, though not necessarily positive, review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s CFR Title 16, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raising God's Girl.

January 14, 2016 – Started Reading