★MC's Corner★'s Reviews > Wick

Wick by Matt  Doyle

Jan 13, 2016

bookshelves: arc, young-adult, science-fiction, paranormal, book-1

Thank you so much to Mr. Matt Doyle for trusting me with his book! I do appreciate it a lot.

Wick is fun, cool andddd reminded me so much of animes.
Years ago I was a big anime fan and there’s no day I don’t watch. LOVE THEM.
Wick reminded me of those times. *thumbs up*
At first I thought of YuGi-Oh!, (which is actually, still one of my fave and also still own hundreds of trading cards, stored on a shoebox near my magazines and books *grin*) with the cards and battle arena thingies… and yeah the announcers. As the story goes, I thought of one anime –which title I forgot, sorry– but the story I did not. The story of it, if I remember it correctly, revolves around a boy with this device (like WICK, on this book) and they insert cards in them. And they have this characters, I think the name of the boy’s character is Rockman, and then they battle other characters (like RPG) on a actual virtual world. The cards are for powerups or something blah blah blahs.
So I guess what I am saying is if you loved animes especially those with trading cards you’ll appreciate this book even more, and yeah, understand it pretty quick.

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• I kinda like the age gaps between the characters. And their names! They are so cool.

• Best parts were those on the Battle Zone. The fights were awesome, written really good. The announcers did a really good job describing them.
I wonder, though, can they converse/shout to their opponent while fighting?
There are some maneuvers, techniques of some kind of kick or punch that I don’t really understand but it’s still okay for me. I really did feel like I was watching the actual fight.

• I think it will work better if it there’s some illustrations; it was kinda hard to picture the Spark Forms inside my head. Then they are two, and fighting, sometimes I kinda forget what kind of species are they.

@gleekidMC

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wick.

January 5, 2016 – Started Reading