Carrie's Reviews > Forged in Stone

Forged in Stone by Alyssa Rose Ivy

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley

After a horrible break up Ainsley has cut herself off from her former friends and family. She lives alone in a huge house that she is house sitting in and works two jobs. A friend tries to set her up on a blind date but she wants nothing to do with dating or relationships until one night a stranger shows up in the house she is staying in.

James is a friend of the family that owns the home that Ainsley has been staying. After drinking too much he tries to crash at their house but finds Ainsley now occupying the residence. James is taken to Ainsley but needs her to know the real him before things can progress between them. James is actually what is known as a guardian that comes from a world known as Energo.

Forged in Stone is the first book in a new series by Alyssa Rose Ivy but what I didn't realize was that it is actually a spin off of another series. This being the first book that I have read I'm a little iffy to say that it reads fine as a standalone or not. While I believe James and Ainsley's relationship is the focus here and fine to read alone, I do think readers may gain a better grasp of the world if having read the earlier books.

One of the things I didn't actually like with reading this though that brought my rating down a bit was the fact that this is one of those books that tends to rush conversation. A dialogue gets going back and forth and I tend to lose my concentration of who is saying what when it's not broken up a bit better with a he said or she said thrown in more often to make it less jumbled.

A few things to warn about with this series too would be it is an insta-love or insta-attraction situation with the characters. I didn't mind it so much as once you learn of the world James is from it seems to be a part of that world. Also, this first book ends with a cliffhanger. There aren't really answers to anything going on, more of an introduction to the series.

With all of that being said though I actually did enjoy learning of Energo and would love to know more about that world and what happens with these characters.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forged in Stone.

January 13, 2016 – Shelved