Silvia A.'s Reviews > I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World

I Have a Dream by Martin Luther King Jr.

I Have A Dream:Writings and Speeches That Changed the World is an excellent book that consists of many of Dr.Martin Luther King's writings.I chose to read this book because after reading and analyzing Dr. King's famous I Have A Dream Speech I realized that the 60's where something I was really interested in learning further about.Martin Luther King did an incredibly great job on fighting for equality with words.He inspired those people who were afraid to speak up and claim their rightful place as American Citizens.

" But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.”-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I am proud to say today that I live in a place where I am judged by the content of my character and not by the color of my skin.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Have a Dream.

Finished Reading