Adriana B's Reviews > Fins

Fins by Ashley L. Knight

Feb 26, 2011

bookshelves: mermaids, kindle, best-books-ever

Fins is one of the many mermaid books out, and even though I've only read a few this one is high up on my list.
There are many things going for this book:

The characters: All of them were really great with their own purposes and uniqueness for the story. I loved the main character Morgan, you could feel what she was going through and see her flaws and mistakes and how she deals with them, she also doesn't hold back which I like in a protagonist.

The setting: I love Florida so this book was great for me, with Vero Beach and the ocean. I think one of my favorite parts in the book was when Morgan goes to Jamaica; it just really captured the beach feel.

The plot: I loved how Morgan found out she was a mermaid and how she dealt with it. It was also a nice surprise to see how the story unfolded and she slowly realized more about her world.

The mermaids: I love how the mermaids each have their own unique powers, and how they phase, really magical!

Overall this book is a light easy read, my only complaint is that it's way too short! So I'm really excited to read the sequel Fathom.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fins.

February 26, 2011 – Shelved