Jodie's Reviews > A Court of Mist and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

Jan 13, 2016

bookshelves: active-series, genre-romance, i-own-hardcopy, genre-fantasy, genre-ya

See more reviews at Words Read & Written

Read - May 2016
Re read - May 2017
Re read - May 2018

Oh god... this could quite possibly be the best book I've ever read.

Why?

1. I really love how Sarah J Maas build up and then breaks down her characters. It's so gritty and raw.

2. Loved how this story started! With Feyre frustrated with her new role in life (or lack there of). I was so excited to read on from that point because I knew she was going to crack. And hey, the life of a palace lady was never going to be for her.

3. Rhysand! OMG! Love him.

4. Sarah J Maas is so good at creating dynamics. She can say so much in so few words about how a character is feeling, just from a few body movements.

All in all, I loved everything about this. Gosh, parts were so brilliant and elegant and so simple in its execution, so effortless.

Can't wait till the next instalment!!!

My Verdict - 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Mist and Fury.

January 13, 2016 – Shelved
May 12, 2016 – Shelved as: genre-fantasy
May 12, 2016 – Shelved as: genre-ya
Started Reading
May 31, 2018 – Finished Reading

Lynette Noni I'm not sure what caused my eyes to widen the most - the fact that you've potentially labelled this as the best book you've ever read (that's a HUGE statement from you!), or the fact that you used the word 'gosh'. *Shakes head in amusement* I can't wait to read this one - I'll let you know as soon as I start!

Jodie Haha!