Carol Campbell's Reviews > Ravenous: A Food Lover's Journey from Obsession to Freedom

Ravenous by Dayna Macy

4194211
Feb 26, 2011

it was ok
Read from February 26 to 27, 2011

This book didn't provide the insight I thought it would. It reminded me of "Eat, Pray, Love" but lacking in depth (not that the aforementioned had much depth). The end was such a let down because she decided that the "secret" to being at peace with her eating and weight issues was portion control and tracking what she ate. Gee - sound familiar? But the book was a tad bit interesting in finding out how certain foods make it from beginning to plate. The slaughterhouse information was insightful in a sickening sort of way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ravenous.

message 1: by Ellen (new) - added it

Ellen If you liked the part you mentioned, then put Michael Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma" on your to-read list - its absolutely fascinating and may even change the way you eat. Then read Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle." Almost reads like a novel. This one did change my eating habits for the better.

Carol Campbell I think it gave me enough info. As a kid we butchered cattle, pigs and chickens but I only had to participate in the chickens. I can barely eat meat as it is.