Shanae's Reviews > Aftermath

Aftermath by Tracy Brown

Feb 26, 2011

A captivating read. Though slow at times, I found the novel quite interesting. Tracy Brown is the only writer of urban literature who develops her characters and presents a detailed, entertaining story with each and every publication. She makes urban lit relevant and is a very talented writer. "Aftermath" will not disappoint - trust me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aftermath.

February 24, 2011 –
page 30
100% "It's been so long since I read Snapped. The story is coming back to me in bits and pieces as I read Aftermath. This is definitely a sequel - you can't read Aftermath without having read Snapped first. But this book is interesting. Brown started this one off with a bang. I think she just might be my favorite urban novelist." (Audio CD Edition)
February 25, 2011 –
February 26, 2011 –
page 84
page 127
page 141
31.19% "A little slow but whatever."
page 161
35.62% "Toya's story with her father = boring. I am expecting more drama. Haha!"
page 169
37.39% "Frankie is so pathetic. I mean, Camille is an idiot, but my goodness."
page 216
47.79% "Frankie's a coward. Gillian is running things. Baron is useless. Camille is pathetic. Toya's holding a grudge that's only hurting her. Dominique is just realizing she's been an idiot for a long long time. The only person doing alright is Octavia, and she's only 14! Lol"
page 264
58.41% "Was Gillian always this much of a bitch? I certainly don't remember her being THIS bad in "Snapped.""
page 291
64.38% "I wish I had the time to finish this novel today. It's picked up quite a bit. The drama I've been yearning for has arrived, alas!"
page 328
72.57% "How can Frankie's mother reveal such a terrible thing during recess at the courthouse? Smh."
page 404
89.38% "Frankie gets all the playthings & uses them up and then throws them away. Wowzers!"
February 27, 2011 – Finished Reading

Lezlie (Nancy) Shanae is this a follow up to any of her previous work or a new story?

Shanae Hi Lezlie, yes, it is. Aftermath is the sequel to Snapped. You may be able to read Aftermath without having read Snapped, but I really don't recommend it. Brown doesn't explain some things like other authors do when they write sequels.

Anyway, Snapped is a great book. Tracy Brown is a fabulous author! I fell in love with her after reading White Lines.

message 3: by Shar (new) - added it

Shar Rowe i was just about to start this book and read your comment. I have not read the first part so might hold off reading this.

Shanae Shar, the book is really good. I think you should read them in sequence though. I absolutely LOVE Tracy Brown's writing.

message 5: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger I love your review! I agree totally! And I agree with Shanae, I know I prefer to read books like this in order whenever possible. And there are some little things that make the reader think back to the first book.