Sara's Reviews > Stealing the Bachelor

Stealing the Bachelor by Sonya Weiss

F 50x66

Stealing the Bachelor is the 3rd book in the Stealing the Heart series. I read this book as a stand alone, which is doable, I was able to follow along and enjoy the story, but I think I would have gotten a little more out of it if I had read the series from the beginning.

Ann was a tough character for me. I can totally relate to her self doubt and insecurities, but her inability to move forward through most of the story frustrated me. I know she had lingering issues from past events involving Eric, but I felt like there were parts of the story where she was a strong woman, and then whenever Eric was around she faltered. In dealing with her business, her legal troubles, and Lewis she was in total control, but in dealing with men she was afraid of her shadow. I just wanted to yell at her to give Eric a chance already.

On the other hand, Eric gave me fits too. He just couldn't seem to get it together enough to let Ann know what she truly meant to him. At points he was so flirty and confident and then 2 minutes latter he was tongue-tied and retreating. It drove me nuts, however it did keep me reading to see if the 2 of them ever got it together.

I enjoyed the sisterly bond and the closeness of Nick, Chad and Eric. The solid secondary relationships really helped to tighten up the story. I especially enjoyed Noah. Although he doesn't play an overly large role in the story, I did find his antics to be amusing.

I would have like to see a little more detail regarding the legal issues Ann was facing. I felt like we got introduced to them, but that they solved themselves outside the story. I think it would have added a little something extra to the story and help build up Eric's character a little bit more if we had seen him in action defending Ann.

Overall, this was a quick and fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing the Bachelor.

Started Reading