Nicholas Sparks's Reviews > Dear Life

Dear Life by Alice Munro

bookshelves: nicholas-recommends

This new collection pinpoints the moment a person is forever altered by a chance encounter, an action not taken or a simple twist of fate. These are terrific stories by an amazing talent, a writer so good I learn something new with every story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Life.

Finished Reading
January 12, 2016 – Shelved
January 12, 2016 – Shelved as: nicholas-recommends

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Chloe rider (new)

Chloe rider wow

message 2: by Alexis potter (new)

Alexis potter This is Alexis I'm one of your book fans / movies I always have and always will be

message 3: by Cynthia gagne (new)

Cynthia gagne Love A

Carol This comment by Mr. Sparks makes me want to read the book in full, because I must be missing something. Just when the story got good it ended. Uh....okay, I will just write my own ending. ?? The book drove me nuts, so I guess it is all about good writing. What I read I like but none of the stories had a complete ending. Maybe I will force myself to finish it, I could only get thru about 5 Chapters and had to put it down. Thank you, Mr. Sparks!

Clay Olmstead With all due respect, that's not what ties these stories together. The stories are about women trying, and sometimes failing, to get free of the circumstances that surround them. I agree with the rest of your review. This is an amazing collection of short stories. I was left astounded and enriched.