Anissa's Reviews > The City of Mirrors

The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin

bookshelves: 2016, arcs-analog-netgalley-edelweiss-etc, series, science-fiction, apocalyptic-and-post-apocalyptic
Recommended for: fans of The Passage series

And so it's come to an end. What began as a horrifying viral vampire apocalypse story has evolved and resolved into a story ultimately about family bonds, humanity, survival and spirituality. I can definitely say that I'd no idea this was the destination when I began The Passage. When this turn from vampire horror began in The Twelve, I was initially disappointed but now I have to admit that having read the complete story, I am very much satisfied. All the characters I grew to care about had what I felt were satisfying ends and they reached a peace that was long earned & oft long deferred. It was nice to have followed the lives of these characters and I also enjoyed reading about Zero, Timothy Fanning. His recitation was so long and so very Lestat-like (Interview With the Vampire) that I occasionally forgot that I was reading a book in the Passage series.

Definitely recommended for fans of the series. Finish this one.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The City of Mirrors.

January 12, 2016 – Shelved