Morgan's Reviews > Driving Me Mad

Driving Me Mad by L.T. Smith

liked it
bookshelves: lesbian, ghosts, uber

I am such a huge fan of L.T. Smith, and hadn't realized she had released another book this year! I recommend her previous novels without reservation to anyone unfamiliar with the author. You will not be disappointed. The synopsis of this title was intriguing--I'm a sucker for ghost stories and murder mysteries-- and she's had a few other brushes with writing about the supernatural in her previous books, so reading this was a no-brainer for me. There is a warning in the beginning that it's not quite like her other books--and yes, there is a darker undercurrent throughout this that is absent in her previous work--but I did enjoy the story as a whole. I don't feel this is her best work though as it does have quite a few suspension of disbelief moments as well as pacing problems beginning right around the half-way mark, but what saves it are the characters. Smith writes such wonderful, vibrant, and hilarious "real" characters. She is an author you MUST check out though, but take in her previous work first notably Hearts and Flowers Border, before experiencing this title.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Driving Me Mad.

January 12, 2016 – Shelved