Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)'s Reviews > Over the Line

Over the Line by Lisa Desrochers

Jan 11, 2016

bookshelves: arc

I've been eagerly anticipating this second book in the On The Run series and Ms. Desrochers doesn't disappoint with this forbidden romance.

Lee Delgado/Davidson was one semester away from obtaining her Master's degree. She's bored and frustrated with her new life and craves everything she's left in Chicago including the man she had a secret relationship with. So when he turns up unexpectedly after tracking her and her family down, she takes matters into her own hands.

Oliver Savoca has never forgotten Lee Delgado...she's forbidden fruit. His family murdered her mother but this woman that got under his skin double-crossed him too. He's after revenge and needs to find her before his own family turn on him. Only, nothing goes according to plan.

Written from a duel point of view – Lee and Oliver's story includes flashbacks to when they first met in college and some of the time they spent together that year. Back in the present, the electrical sparks of sexual attraction between them are still present, re-igniting feeling they both had to repress.
Lee is a tough woman, yet her devotion to her family is ever present as she's the glue that keeps them together...almost. Oliver, despite coming from a Mafia family wants to steer away from what his family represents because he wants to be able to have a life with the woman he loves.

I enjoyed that we got to catch up with Rob and Adri and gain a little bit more insight into the twins as they find their own ways of dealing with their new life in Witness Protection. Especially with this book the author really draws you into this intense, sexy and emotional story.

After reading Outside The Lines, I was hooked! I don't normally like Mafia/gang stories, yet I want to continue this journey with Rob, Lee, Grant, Ulie, and Sherm. What can I say? I loved Over The Lines and can't wait for the next instalment.

***arc generously received courtesy of Intermix via NetGalley***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over the Line.

January 11, 2016 – Shelved