Victoria Green's Reviews > A Shepherd Looks at the Good Shepherd and His Sheep

A Shepherd Looks at the Good Shepherd and His Sheep by W. Phillip Keller

Recommended for: everyone who is a sheep

W. Phillip Keller has been a shepherd. He knows how deeply sheep need a shepherd and because Phillip is full of Christ, he sees so much more of the spiritual significance. In this book he looks into John 10: 1-30 (excepting a few passages). Of course that is one of my most loved parables in all Word.
He takes the very Word and brings me once again such delight in Whose I belong to and Who takes delight in me! He gave me a visual of the relationshkp the Good Shepherd and His flock have with Him- the freedom and the lack of worry is what His sheep experience because the Good Shepherd lays down his life for those sheep - the sheep are HIS life! We who are His sheep know His voice and run from any other voice (human philosophy or religion). We who are His sheep know how easy we can stray and fall away or up into those scary places and get stuck...but Phillip takes the scripture there in John 10 and describes how Jesus the Good Shepherd draws us back, never hesitant to come looking for me!!! It is through so many of Phillips books where my gratitude and overwhelming joy spill over and He hears me and we fellowship through the pages!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Shepherd Looks at the Good Shepherd and His Sheep.

November 1, 2015 – Started Reading