Debbie's Reviews > The Darlings are Forever

The Darlings are Forever by Melissa Kantor

1945325
Feb 24, 2011

This one sounded like a fun read but it did not have the bling of the paranormal young adult books out there these days. I was pleasantly surprised as it gripped me the same way that the Baby-Sitter's Club books did way back in the day. I think most people will be able to relate to at least one of the Darlings as they all face a variety of fears as they enter their first year of high school and to top it off they are all going to different schools. The insecurities each experiences are ones I imagine we all have like crushing over a cute teacher, wanting to be accepted by the "popular" girls and of course there are some boy troubles. Despite having to brave this whole new world of high school by themselves this does not mean they won't be there to support and push each other whenever needed. My favorite part of their friendship is that they encourage each other to challenge their limits and do things they do not think they are capable of. The story blooms at the perfect pace as each girl faces her own personal challenge. It was refreshing that although there is some romance weaved through the story the focus is on friendship and that with the support of your friends you can overcome anything. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series and think this would be a wonderful addition to the MG/YA library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darlings are Forever.