Guy's Reviews > Critique of Pure Reason

Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant

Feb 24, 2011

bookshelves: to-read

I started this book, once, a long long time ago. It did not appeal to me, then. However, GR friend Stan has recommended it, and perhaps it is time to re-look at it. Stan's interesting and amusing recommendation includes Nietzsche, which I have also dabbled in, and Schopenhauer, whom I have also dabbled in.

I'm thinking that it is an interesting recommendation to me, right now, because my reading Chomsky's Language and Responsibility is filled with his critiques of the poor expression of empirical reason that he finds in, especially linguistics, but also psychology and the 'soft' sciences.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Critique of Pure Reason.

message 1: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Schopenhauer is possibly the clearest writer in the whole of philosophical writing.

message 2: by Guy (new) - added it

Guy Schopenhauer has also been recommended to me, bit I haven't found myself drawn to him. I have gone sideways and am currently reading Indian Vedic philosophy; Samkhya, the Upanishads and Yoga Vasishta presently. Well, Epictetus too, who turns out to be writing basically the same philosophy. Fascinating.