Jen's Reviews > Running Wilde

Running Wilde by Tonya Burrows

Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

It's clear that there's more to Lark Warren than she would have made everyone think when she was introduced in the series. Having an affair with an ex-Navy SEAL who just happens to have a security agency with his brothers proves to be her undoing because the minute she disappeared on him, Vaughn Wilde made it his mission to find her. I had a suspicion about how everything in the story tied on, but when the specific details made themselves known, even I had to take a minute to absorb the truth about Lark's identity and the circumstances that forced her to do what she did. There's no denying the attraction that continues to linger between Lark and Vaughn, but they've got a lot of issues that they need to address and they need to work on the trust that Lark is hesitant to give and that Vaughn gave to Lark freely before.

I think Lark has to be my favorite heroine in the series so far, and a lot of that has to do with her being a survivor and doing what she believed was necessary in order to not just be one step ahead of her enemies, but be miles away. She's strong-willed and independent, but when she allows herself to be vulnerable and to be open to her feelings, she's even easier to like. She's human, she makes mistakes, and yes, there are times that her fear gets the better of her, but having Vaughn's love is what makes her far more formidable Seeing her transformation and her relationship with Vaughn evolve are part and parcel of what made this fourth book in the series a really good read. With oldest brother Greer Wilde's story set to end the Wilde Security series, I'm excited to see how Tonya Burrows wraps everything up. 4.5 stars for Running Wilde.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Wilde.

Started Reading