Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > Dating a Cougar

Dating a Cougar by Donna McDonald

~~ I reviewed my personal copy of this book for Wicked Reads. ~~

I first read this book in 2012, and immediately bought and read all the others in the series - and then all the Art of Love series, by Ms McDonald. I just love her writing style and her concentration on generally slightly older people who have their own minds and priorities sorted out. They then get hit in various ways by Cupid and their lives change. Each story is different, yet the underlying values and desires are all the same - and the outcomes are delicious.

So when we were asked to choose our own books to share with you I had to review this book and I know that I will be revisiting the rest of the series again when I get the time!

Alexa is a very independent and successful woman who is now 50 years old and watching her daughter date. She still retains the beauty of her modelling youth, and has two fabulous friends who she shares her time with, as well as an unconventional relationship with Jenna's father, her ex-husband. She is missing/not missing having a man in her life - years of disappointments are fresh in her memory (and that of the world thanks to the press) so she is not entirely receptive when Casey makes a play. Watching the two of them dance the dance is truly delightful and I loved how much this book made me laugh, want things to work out, and I really was there wishing them well. Even though I knew exactly what was going to happen - I really did remember the whole story, even after 3 years, and many, many books! - I was totally immersed in the story and loved it just as much as last time.

I really do recommend that you try this book, and hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dating a Cougar.

Started Reading