Anaiz's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

Feb 24, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed-on-blog, own
Read from March 10 to 12, 2011

The more into the series I get I am more and more impressed with J.R. Ward's storytelling ability. Each storyline (the different Brothers and characters close to them + war with Lessers) gets more complex with each book, but she keeps us up to date with all of them. There are so many great characters in this series and I love that each character is unique, including their relationships. Butch calls Marissa "baby" and I can't believe I am saying this but, I totally love it. His voice is described as "gravelly" so I can totally imagine him saying it... hot hot hot. I cannot imagine any of the other Brothers getting away with it though, they each have their own sayings and habits. Now, Butch and Marissa have liked each other since book #1 and they have had to wait a long time! Marissa is very inexperienced with the opposite sex, Butch handles it wonderfully. He is gentle and patient (with a gravelly voice *shudders*). He is one of my favorite characters because he handles himself well around the vampires for being a human. Since he used to be a homicide detective he uses his skills and knowledge to help the Brotherhood in their fight against the Lessers. He is actually kidnapped by them in this book and tortured. Does he give the Brothers up or give up information? Nope. Another thing this series has is, what I am assuming to be, East Coast slang. It makes the characters seem real and here in this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.

03/10/2011 page 100