DJ Sakata's Reviews > Always Room for Cupcakes

bookshelves: womens-fiction, romantic-comedy, netgalley

My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“I hadn't seen anything, but that didn't mean the perps weren't inside. They were adulterers after all, so they wouldn't exactly be boning in the front yard.”

“The full view was nothing to write home about. He was totally naked, and really hairy in areas that were not pleasing to the eye... There was nothing happy about that trail... I almost tossed my cookies.”

“'Oh my God! I love you,' I cried then without wasting any time, I ate that cupcake like someone was about to take it from me. Because seriously, if the nurse had come in and caught me, she would have.”

My Review:

Always Room For Cupcakes is a fun, quick, and delightful read that kept a smile on my face as well as occasionally had me snorting and laughing aloud. I was happily entertained by the clever humor and comical depictions as much as I was by the quirky small town characters. The story was well-written and well-paced with a bit of mystery and intrigue along with the frequent wit and occasional hits of steamy goodness. Lila is a recently divorced, single-mom turned investigative photographer for a skivvy PI, who soon found herself in over her head in every facet of her life, and although her adventures were dangerous and scary, the light tone kept the story entertaining and breezy. I would classify it as an enjoyable and entertaining women's fiction/romantic comedy hybrid.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Room for Cupcakes.

January 9, 2016 – Shelved