tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > The Devil and the Good Lord and Two Other Plays

The Devil and the Good Lord and Two Other Plays by Jean-Paul Sartre

liked it
bookshelves: plays

Lardy! Another one I read more than 30 yrs ago. When I was in high school we read Camus' "The Stranger". It didn't do much for me but my fellow students compared me to the main character. We were told it was an example of "Existentialism". I don't recall ever getting a coherent explanation of what that meant, however. I'm not so sure the teachers knew. Maybe after high school I decided to read more Existentialist writing to try to find out. I read a fair amt of Sartre &.. it STILL didn't do much for me. I found it rather dull. So dull, in fact, that after reading maybe 7 bks by Camus & Sartre I'm not particularly anxious to ever read another one. Can't say I didn't give it a chance. I imagine it's strong intellectual fare, wch is what I often like, but, somehow.., too stodgy.. or something. Dunno.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil and the Good Lord and Two Other Plays.