Tajanator's Reviews > Dracula

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Feb 23, 2011

bookshelves: vampire-fiction, classic, horror, macabre
Read in April, 2010

Though very hard to read because of the many different POVs throughout the book, this book was amazing!!

It is told in a manner not alike any other book I have read, through a chronological ordering of all forms of media pertaining to specific events surrounding the main character and point of time for him to be (view spoiler). The story begins from Jonathan Harker's journal, and continues through other peoples journals, their letters, newspaper clippings, telegrams, event invitations, and women's diaries.

Every page or so, the POV changes... this is the only obstical through the actual task of reading the book. Once you get used to gathering the story from this way, it becomes much easier to read through to the end.

The one thing I will say annoyed me actually isn't to do with the book, but more with the adaptations I have seen involving the love story (view spoiler)... but yet in the movies, they seem to add it. Am I just not getting the whole story??? Anyone reading this who doesn't agree, please give me a page number from the book that can correct me on this matter.

I understand why this was a classic. I will keep it among my favorite books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula.

Quotes Tajanator Liked

Bram Stoker
“The last I saw of Count Dracula was his kissing his hand to me, with a red light of triumph in his eyes, and with a smile that Judas in hell might be proud of.”
Bram Stoker, Dracula