tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Alfred Jarry: Nihilism and the Theatre of the Absurd

Alfred Jarry by Maurice M. LaBelle

bookshelves: plays

The cover image I've just added is for the paperback, not the hardcover. Close enuf, but no exploding cigar. Ok, I (hopefully temporarily) crippled myself last night by twisting my knee. I can barely walk, I've taken an anti-inflammatory over-the-counter drug b/c people say it's good for my damaged knee. That may be so but since I don't usually take any drugs, I'm feeling a bit out-of-it. I can't walk easily but I can sit here at the computer & type. But my 'reviews' seem not-so-good to me. I'm having trouble concentrating, I'm making alotof typos. About all I'm good for is sleeping (& complaining). I've probably read this bk w/in the last 5 yrs, maybe the last 10 at most. Don't remember it at all. Don't remember if I learned anything from it, don't remember if it had any startling biographical tidbits or astounding new takes on things. I've given it 4 stars just b/c it's about Jarry. A presumably scholarly study of one of my favorite writers. But, somehow, I must've barely pd attn to it when I read it. Maybe I was drunk the whole time, maybe I didn't care that much about Jarry anymore & only read it half-heartedly. Still, I'm glad it exists.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alfred Jarry.