Ashley Tomlinson's Reviews > The Belt

The Belt by Agatha Rae

Wow John Smith is a mega douche and that is the nicest way to put. He's a horrible character, not horribly written just someone you want to punch in the throat and watch wither on the ground in pain for a while. The author did an excellent job creating a character that is fun to hate.

John is a sorry excuse for a man. He is a shitty husband, father, friend and a cheater to top it all off. He lives his life to fulfill his own desires not caring about the people that he pulls into it. He starts to have horrifying nightmares that make him not want to go to sleep. He finds his life is spiraling out of control and he is losing everything including his mind.

I really enjoyed this book to the point that I didn't want to stop reading it until I was finished. It made me question a lot while trying to figure out what the heck was going on. The dream he was having would terrify most anyone, especially someone like John. I won't go into detail about the dream because that would give too much away but just know that it's pretty crazy.

It was crazy that as a grown man he couldn't figure out how to live on his own though. I did wonder that a few times and completely agreed with what his friend Paul told him. I applauded Mickey and Cindy in the end and honestly didn't care about Johns sudden revelation at the end. He messed up too much to win me over and thought he got what was coming to him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Belt.

January 7, 2016 – Started Reading