Michelle Stanley's Reviews > Framed and Burning

Framed and Burning by Lisa Brunette

Jan 08, 2016

bookshelves: fantasy, mystery-murder

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

Framed and Burning from the Dreamslippers Mystery Series by Lisa Brurnette definitely has a large web filled with deception. Famous artist Mick Travers comes under suspicion when his studio is set on fire, killing his assistant, Donnie. Mick's sister, Grace and niece, Cat, reaches out to help prove his innocence by using their inherited dreamslipping skills. A dreamslipper has the ability to possess other human bodies to see what their dreams entails.

Cat becomes wary of Mick after she enters his dream, but it also opens old wounds she would rather forget. There are many rivals in the art world who want to see Mick's downfall, but what are their reasons for hating him? The case brings Mick and Grace closer as they unite to dig into the past that is somehow connected to his uncertain future. Unfortunately, dreamslipping into another's dream can bring more pain and bewilderment than clues, which are not readily forthcoming.

Framed and Burning is the sequel to Cat in the Flock from the Dreamslippers Mystery Series. I liked the story and was absorbed in its intense, steady-paced mystery. There were so many twists so it was difficult to guess who the actual culprit behind the crime was, but I tried. Mick was such a complex man who made it difficult for anyone to get close to him, but I still liked him.

Lisa Brunette writes boldly and expresses exactly what she is thinking.
Her extremely detailed writing format emitted clear visuals, and the characters appeared comfortable in their roles with unforced emotions and dialogue. It was interesting to see how the dreamslippers worked as each one had a different method of invading and analysing dreams. Framed and Burning is a book I recommend reading.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Framed and Burning.

January 6, 2016 – Started Reading