Kimberly's Reviews > Quest into the Fobidden

Quest into the Fobidden by Vanessa N. Gilfoy

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy, erotic, review, romance, read-2011

King Holt of Gildon is determined to secure his “golden reign” through a series of treaties, the last of which is with the elves. However, Holt’s quest to secure a treaty with the elves is compromised when he spies a beautiful elf bathing. But Ceres is an elven princess and touching her is forbidden. Will Holt risk his treaty with the elves, his kingdom, and even his life to have Ceres for his own?

Quest into the Forbidden takes readers into New Pangaea, a unique fantasy world unlike any I have read. I read Quest into the Forbidden not knowing it was the third book in the series and though I could follow along, I think perhaps I might have enjoyed Ceres and Holt’s story more had I read Masquerade of the Cursed King and Guardian of the Onyx Empire. The world of Quest into the Forbidden is vast and I wanted to know more about it. However, Quest into the Forbidden was dragged down by an overabundance of sex. I enjoy eroticism in a story, but not at the cost of character and world development. Ceres and Holt, sadly, fell a bit flat for me, thus making it hard for me to become invested in their relationship. The world of New Pangaea was brimming with possibilities, yet those possibilities weren’t capitalized on. I wanted to fall into the world of Quest into the Forbidden, but sadly, for me, Holt and Ceres’s story fell short.

Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quest into the Fobidden.

Started Reading