Brittany's Reviews > Dark Matters

Dark Matters by Michael  Dow

Jan 07, 2016

bookshelves: 2016-challenge, 5-stars, action, dystopian, fiction, meditation, mystery, reviews, sci-fi, spiritual, thriller

Check out my blog to see Reviews of Book and Movies, and check out some Recipes!

Dark Matters is a brilliant start to a new trilogy. In a book that began as a kickstarter project I had a keen interest in it and had heard good things from others, leaving me with high expectations.

I am happy to say that my expectations were certainly met. Dark matters is a spectacular new science-fiction thriller that captures the future of our world from three distinct and vastly different view points. This book hits the ground running and never lets up!

The three main characters that he reader follows are Rudy, Monique and Jonas. Rudy is a newly promoted CEO or the world's first trillion dollar company and become privy to the nefarious existence of a group known as the Consortium. Monique was left with an extremely large inheritance that causes her to want to give back and be charitable in life, and also to have the means to pursue the urging of her ever present visions. Jonas is a scientist who funds his dark matter research efforts with grants from his companies efforts to locate asteroids worth the effort of mining for resources from Earth bound companies. Three vastly different individuals, who cast three vastly different lights to the events going on in around the world.

It was hard to put this book down and not know what was coming next. I can't wait to continue on with this trilogy and hope that subsequent books bring as much action and intensity. An easy 5 stars for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Matters.

January 7, 2016 – Shelved
June 7, 2016 – Started Reading
June 7, 2016 –
page 40
11.87% "wow a lot has already happened"
June 8, 2016 –
page 60
17.8% "Nefarious beginnings"
June 9, 2016 –
page 120
35.61% "I am loving the visionaries"
June 10, 2016 –
page 263
78.04% "was hoping to finish tonight but finals took precedence, so good though and I'm glad it's a trilogy, there's no way events could wrap up by the end"
June 11, 2016 – Finished Reading