Cristina's Reviews > November Rain

November Rain by Shannon A. Thompson

bookshelves: review-requests, favorites

** spoiler alert ** Review Posted Also On Crazy Beautiful Reads

~Arc kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review~

Fast Paced. Intriguing. Gripping

Just like any other book she wrote, this one stands tall. An epic read that will take you in from.the very first page and not let you go. A real page turner.

Set in a distant future, November Rain -which is the first book in the Bad Bloods duology -, takes place in a city called Vendona. A city that is divided in humans and Bad Bloods -which from my view are some sort of superhumans as they all posses a different set of powers.

Serena, a teen age girl is helped to escape the blood camp, by an unsuspected bad blood. A camp where only awful things happen to young bad Bloods. Running off on the streets, with the fear in her heart, Serena is saved by Daniel, another blood, who takes her to his house to take care of her risking his own flock's safety. With the elections at their door, everyone is even more tensed and colder than they used to be.

It looks like after the massacre, there were left only two important flocks - The Eastern Flock, the one to which Serena belongs to; and the Northern Flock from which Daniel comes. If only things we're good between these two...Either of these two flocks has twelve members.
In Daniel's flock, not everyone welcomes Serena with opened arms and there will be some fights over whether she can be trusted or not.

Why did it have to end like that? Whyyy?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read November Rain.

January 7, 2016 – Shelved
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 8, 2016 – Started Reading
May 8, 2016 –
8.0% "That's quite a way to thank someone for saving your butt :))"
May 8, 2016 – Shelved as: review-requests
May 8, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
May 8, 2016 –
May 11, 2016 –
57.0% "“I don’t say goodbye unless I think it’s final,” I repeated the very thing I had said to her the first time I left her. This time, she was leaving me, and I wondered if she felt the way I did. I wanted her to stay."
May 13, 2016 – Finished Reading