Valerie's Reviews > A Voice in the Wind

A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

Feb 22, 2011

bookshelves: christian, historical, romance, trilogy
Recommended for: if you love the God of Israel and also love Christian historical romance that isn't gentle!
I own a copy

This was hard to get into for some reason, but once I did I was completely hooked. This book is a historical romance with spiritual depth. The heroine seems too perfect to many, I know, but she gave me a good picture of what the goal is in my own life, something to aspire to, which would not have happened were she just like me-flawed. I wanted to smack the hero on several occasions, but he was definitely acting like you would expect for the story's time and place and social situation. This is one of my special books that I have read twice, along with its sequels. The only thing that bothered me was the author tried too hard to draw parallels between ancient Rome and our own society. I agree with her completely, but it did take me out of the story, which is not a good thing storywise. Oh, two other gripes: Hadassah's father should have fled Jerusalem as Yeshua told his followers to do, so this was an obvious plot device, and I did not like the unfortunate stereotyping of the other Jewish character in the story. But that's because I love the Torah. Warning! This romance is not rated G! (Nor is it rated x!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Voice in the Wind.

message 1: by Ðɑηηɑ (new)

Ðɑηηɑ what do you mean by 'God of Israel'?

Valerie ♣Ðᾰƞƞᾰ♥ wrote: "what do you mean by 'God of Israel'?"

I mean the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hey there - thanks for the great review! I am trying to find someone with Voice in the Wind on Nook that would do the "LendMe" option-I so badly want to read it! If you happen to have it on Nook, would you friend request me? I'm Ashley Glover at ash567@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

Valerie Hi Ashley, I only have this in hard copy, but have you tried your library, or failing that, interlibrary loan?
I hope you can find a copy! Valerie