Riotkittin's Reviews > The Family Trade

The Family Trade by Charles Stross

7320846

it was ok
bookshelves: owned, fantasy, the-blands

Well, that book really wasn't any good. The story isn't told in a good way, I'm rather confused with some parts.
Might read the next part of the series just to see if I can understand more about it, but I'm not that interested to know more either. The MC are also a bit... badly written. I can't really see what her motivations for a lot of stuff is. And also the "love" part of the story are really confusing. She's had a one-night-thing with another person and suddenly he's her "love of the life" and they are going to marry and all that jazz, and they don't even know each other. Really confusing.

Can't really recommend this book to anyone.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Family Trade.

January 6, 2016 – Shelved
January 6, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 6, 2016 – Shelved as: owned
September 1, 2016 – Started Reading
September 1, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
September 1, 2016 –
page 28
9.09% "I've read this book before. But don't remember much. Reading this 28 first pages gives me small hints as to why. It's not particularly well written..the relationship between the MC and her mother are at most cartoony...in a bad way."
September 7, 2016 –
page 74
24.03% "The writing hasn't really picked up. The characters are still behaving odd. And the story is just not intriguing. I don't really want to know more about anything in this book."
September 8, 2016 –
page 92
29.87% "So the MCs name is "Helge"..?!..In sweden that's a mans name....and one other character has "lofstrom" for last name....wich is perfectly normal but are lacking the dots over the o's and are therefore also very stupid in swedish."
September 12, 2016 –