Cathy 's Reviews > Engaging the Enemy

Engaging the Enemy by Elizabeth Moon

Feb 21, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: ebook-read, ebook-owned, science-fiction, read-in-2011

Quite good if you're willing to suspend disbelief in the outrageous competence of youth. I like the 3 major characters of Ky, Stella and Grace. I'd like to see more action in the big picture than in just a few isolated encounters/battles. And the action is very uneven; it's mostly talk and almost no action until the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Engaging the Enemy.

February 21, 2011 – Started Reading
February 21, 2011 – Shelved
February 21, 2011 – Shelved as: ebook-owned
February 21, 2011 – Shelved as: ebook-read
February 21, 2011 – Shelved as: science-fiction
February 21, 2011 –
page 1
0.24% "I'm too sick and tired to clean up the mess that is this book's description. If anyone has the time to do it, that would be wonderful."
February 22, 2011 –
21.0% "Seems like our girl is getting in way over her head. Hiring weapons crews, planning to run as privateer. She's 23!"
February 22, 2011 –
36.0% "I'm getting bored. The know-it-all kid will end up admiral of a fleet any minute. Too dumb."
page 50
12.02% "I totally dig MacRobert (and his partnering w/ Grace, who I also dig) but boy is the rationale for his placement at the Academy convoluted and dumb. He's another Rafe, lazy storytelling. If you can't come up with logical way to tell a story, is it ok to just shrug and do it anyway? I guess so, I'm still reading."
February 23, 2011 –
52.0% "It's weird that Stella has never mentioned her husband or son. Are they still alive? I do like her though."
February 23, 2011 –
77.0% "It's a bit harsh, but I kind of dig a society where you can be jailed for outright rudeness. Calling a judge stupid is stupid!"
February 23, 2011 – Shelved as: read-in-2011