Pearl Angeli's Reviews > Monster in His Eyes

Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower

bookshelves: 2016-reads, dark, new-adult-contemporary, mind-blown, smexy-read

He's a monster wrapped up in a pretty package. But I find myself wondering at a times like this, when I feel the distance between us, if maybe in his eyes, the real monster is me.

This book is so not what I've expected! Everything was totally mind-blowing and an absolute perfection! This is my first time ever to read a book written by J.M. Darhover and to say I am appalled is an understatement. The author's writing style defines what a true dark-romantic storyteller should possess. I have to say, J.M. Darhover is an author to watch!

Monster in His Eyes radiates a completely dark, gripping, and mysterious love story about an eighteen year old college girl named Karissa Reed and an older, thirty-six year-old man named Ignazio "Naz" Vitale. The moment they met, Karissa was hooked by Naz. It was the virile, dark side of him added by his air of mystery, wealth, and authority that intrigued her and drew her to him. As their relationship progressed into a more intimate one, Karissa thought that she was already falling for him hard even if she didn't have any idea of his true identity.

He's a drug, an addictive one, and I'm not sure it's a habit I can kick. All it took was one hit. One strong, euphoric hit and I was hooked.

This book is suspenseful and dark, raw and enigmatic. I enjoyed how it started out strong that it instantly caught my full attention and how chapter by chapter I found myself more drawn to the book and the mystery that it held. The main characters are wonderful and very unique, and with lovable flaws. Karissa is a sweet and passionate heroine while Naz is an enigmatic, sexy, strong man.

How can someone surrounded by an air of danger make me feel so downright safe?

The plot progression was a bit slow from the start up to the middle but that's what made it all the more riveting because the anticipation of what's about to come and be discovered thrilled me.

"When you love somebody, you want what's best for them... but when you're in love with them, you want them for yourself."

The romance was absolutely good! There were lots of passionate and emotional scenes that can drive you crazy. It was also the main characters' relationship development that made the book really remarkable.

"We keep the darkest part of us to ourselves until we think others are ready to see them."

description

My Prince Charming turned out to be the villain of my fairy tale...

As a whole, THIS BOOK DID ITS JOB. I look forward to reading its sequel soon! :)

"I'm not a good man, Karissa, and I will never be. So don't think you can fix me, or that I'll ever change, because I won't. I can't."

Rating:

Pearl's Book Journey (1)

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster in His Eyes.

January 6, 2016 – Started Reading
January 6, 2016 – Shelved
January 7, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

message 1: by Jilly (new)

Jilly Great review, Pearl!

Sophie's Reading Corner Awesome review, Pearl! =)

message 3: by Irena (new)

Irena Great review, Pearl! It's awesome to see it's a five-star for you! :)

Pearl Angeli Jilly wrote: "Great review, Pearl!"
Thank you, ate Jilly! :)

Salvatore wrote: "Awesome review, Pearl! =)"
Thank you, S! :))

Irena wrote: "Great review, Pearl! It's awesome to see it's a five-star for you! :)"
Thank you, Irena. It was so perfect it deserves to be rated a 5 :)

message 5: by Katerina (new)

Katerina Awesome review Pearl!^^So happy you loved it!

message 6: by Masooma (new)

Masooma Pheeenomenal review, Pearl ;)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic YES!! As always, lovely review sis Pearl! I can't wait to read this. Gonna read Sempre first though :)

Beverly Terrific review, Pearl!

Joëlle Wonderful book! Great review!

Pearl Angeli Katerina wrote: "Awesome review Pearl!^^So happy you loved it!"

Masooma wrote: "Pheeenomenal review, Pearl ;)"
Thank you, Masooma! :)) xo

Beatrice wrote: "YES!! As always, lovely review sis Pearl! I can't wait to read this. Gonna read Sempre first though :)"
Thank you, sis. :) Sempre is also one of my tbrs. :)

Beverly wrote: "Terrific review, Pearl!"
Thank you, Beverly. :)

Joëlle wrote: "Wonderful book! Great review!"

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, hun! ;) Glad you loved this one as well! xx

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I always love the prince charming being the villain quote. That's my type of guy ;) great review as always Pearl!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Excellent review! ;-)

message 14: by NiCoLeTa E. (new) - added it

NiCoLeTa E. Amazing review, Pearl!!! I want to read this one as well, but i had read some reviews that made me think it twice!!! NOw, your review is making me rethink it again!!! LOL xox

message 15: by Pearl (last edited Jan 07, 2016 03:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pearl Angeli Arianna wrote: "Awesome review, hun! ;) Glad you loved this one as well! xx"
Thank you, Arianna. :)) It was so good!

Ana wrote: "Yesss so glad you liked it! I had my doubts but this book was really good. I love me some Naz :)"
Thank you, Ana! Yes same here at doubts from the start but I'm grateful to really have read this one. So amazing! :)

Madeleine wrote: "Excellent review! ;-)"
Thank you, Madeleine, sweetheart. :)

NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Amazing review, Pearl!!! I want to read this one as well, but i had read some reviews that made me think it twice!!! NOw, your review is making me rethink it again!!! LOL xox"
Thank you, Nicoleta! :) Read it! :) I hope you will love it as much as I did, Nicoleta. Yes, there are some negative reviews but I'm glad I fell into the 'happy readers' category for this. hehe

message 16: by Judith (new) - added it

Judith Great review,my darling.I loved this one as well!

message 17: by Tabetha (new)

Tabetha Looks incredible...the cover alone is stunning...you describe this book so beautifully, and thrilled you read an amazing five star book! Hope you are having a great week also, Pearl!

message 18: by Aj the Ravenous Reader (last edited Jan 07, 2016 05:05PM) (new)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Five stars for Pearly! Yay! This must really be incredible. Glad you loved it, Pearly. The age difference just kind of weirds me out. Lol! Wonderful review.^^

message 19: by Nicay Magnate (new)

Nicay Magnate Wooh! Great review Pearly! :)

message 20: by Pearl (last edited Jan 07, 2016 05:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pearl Angeli Judith wrote: "Great review,my darling.I loved this one as well!"
Thank you, Judith. :) Yay! High five to that!

Tabetha wrote: "Looks incredible...the cover alone is stunning...you describe this book so beautifully, and thrilled you read an amazing five star book! Hope you are having a great week also, Pearl!"
Thank you, ate Tabetha for your kind words. :) I am having a great week so far. Thank you, ate. :) Hope you are, too. :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Five stars for Pearly! Yay! This must really be incredible. Glad you loved it, Pearly. The age difference just kind of weirds me out. Lol! Wonderful review.^^"
Yeey! Thank you, AJ dear. :) Well, for the age difference, it just goes to say that this book is realistic in a way. Lovers with age difference (like Zsa Zsa and Dolphy) exist in real life. I don't find it weird though. :))

Nicay (QueenNicay) wrote: "Wooh! Great review Pearly! :)"
Thank you, sissy! :) xoxo

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Wonderful review, Pearl! Happy you loved it :)

message 23: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Awesome review pearl!

message 24: by Maye (new)

Maye Sounds promising :)

Laxmama Fabulous review. I loved this series.

Jennifer Kyle Fab review Pearl!! xx

Pearl Angeli Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "great review Pearl!"
Thank you, Sharon. :))

Anna ☘ wrote: "Wonderful review, Pearl! Happy you loved it :)"
Thank you, Anna. :)

Aditi wrote: "Awesome review pearl!"
Thank you, Aditi. :))

Maye wrote: "Sounds promising :)"
It was good, Maye! :)

Laxmama wrote: "Fabulous review. I loved this series."
Thank you, dear. :) So happy you also loved it!

Jennifer wrote: "Fab review Pearl!! xx"
Thank you, Jenn! :))

message 28: by Ivy Bookqueen (new)

Ivy Bookqueen outstanding review

message 29: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole Amazing review Pearl!! xo

Pearl Angeli Ivy wrote: "outstanding review"
Thank you, Ivy. :))

Nicole wrote: "Amazing review Pearl!! xo"
Thank you, Nicole. :)

message 31: by Exina (new)

Exina Fantastic review, Pearl! :)

Pearl Angeli Exina wrote: "Fantastic review, Pearl! :)"
Thank you, Exina! :)) xoxo

Nawal My favourite book like EVER

Hulya Kara Yuksel Damn, JMD writes amazing male characters. :) I'll never ever forget Naz! <3

Terrific review honey, I'm so happy that you loved this book too. :)