Astraycat's Reviews > Counter To My Intelligence

Counter To My Intelligence by Lani Lynn Vale

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary-romance, older-hero, series

It's difficult to rate this book because I've read about H since Boomtown (this author's 1st book), then he appeared in almost every book from then on. Imagined how shocked I was when I knew he was going to get his own book considering he was a grandfather already and I've read his two sons' and only daughter's books.

Fortunately, although the blurbs said h was his ex-girlfriend's daughter, he had never slept with her mother.

Finally, I knew H's whole story after heard from his sons' and daughter's points of view in their own books. I did hate him less now, but still found it was difficult to accept he was 54 while h was only 29.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Counter To My Intelligence.

January 6, 2016 – Shelved
January 6, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 6, 2016 –
24.0% "At least H had never slept with h's mom."
January 6, 2016 –
37.0% ""I’m older and set in my ways, I expect things to be done the way I want them done, and all that means you need to follow my directions. Everything I do and say has a purpose, and that purpose is what’s in your best interest. So from now on, in all ways, you obey me.""
January 7, 2016 – Started Reading
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: older-hero
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: series
January 7, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Eve (Between The Bookends) Bummer you didn't like it more! I love the way older man/younger woman trope, so this was right up my alley!

Astraycat Eve wrote: "Bummer you didn't like it more! I love the way older man/younger woman trope, so this was right up my alley!"

I liked older H/younger h, but I couldn't overcome the fact that he was a grandpa already.

Eve (Between The Bookends) He was a hot grandpa though! *lol*

Astraycat @Eve, maybe it was because I read Freebirds series already. Lol

Eve (Between The Bookends) Maybe! I'll admit I have a thing for older men!

Astraycat Eve wrote: "Maybe! I'll admit I have a thing for older men!"

lol Maybe you can check my older man shelf.