Pearl Angeli's Reviews > Degrees of Control

Degrees of Control by Eve Dangerfield

bookshelves: arcs-and-books-for-review, 2016-reads, smut-smut-smut, bdsm

This book INTENSE. A Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You kind of intense. Degrees of Control is a debut novel written by Eve Dangerfield. I must say her writing style is delightful and entertaining and it definitely worked out for me.

Degrees of Control is told from the perspectives of main characters Charlie (a yoga teacher) and James Hunter (a wealthy businessman). It started off when both of them met at the party hosted by Charlie's friend Sophia who happens to be James's cousin. The moment they met, they've already developed that irresistible sexual tension. Charlie has always been fantasizing about getting herself dominated by an alpha man and seeing James as a great prospect to make her fantasy realized, she decided that hooking up with him through a one-night-stand is the best idea. But one night of hot encounter ended up in more sexual encounters. Soon their relationship became more than just casual sex but something that rather involves the heart.

At first I thought this book is another one of those erotic romance books that are just about sex with no definite romantic plot but I was surprised to find out that it's quite different. The characters are likable and their passion for each other was there although initially they were just fooling around. The relationship and emotional development were admirable and I loved how the series of events made up a sweet, enticing love story. And well, James is one sexy man. Who could resist such guy? It is, as a whole, an enjoyable read. I am interested to see what the author comes out with next.

Warning: This book contains explicit sex and graphic language. Not for the faint-hearted!

(A free copy was given by the author Eve Dangerfield in exchange for an honest review)

Rating:

description

Pearl's Book Journey (1)

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Degrees of Control.

January 5, 2016 – Started Reading
January 5, 2016 – Shelved
January 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Henz (new)

Henz Wow .. hahaha I never read FSoG or Bared to you but I read Three simple rules by Nikki Sloane, I think it's the same as this one ... I might read this .. hahaha

§ Bookworm Nidhz § (Loves Romance) GREAT review glam doll !!! i love james , isn't he just adorable ?! sexy , sweet and charming …
yah seriously , who could resist such a guy ?!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Pearl xoxo

message 4: by Tabetha (new)

Tabetha Wow--that cover! Love your review, and you are already on your way to exceeding any reading challenge you may set : )

message 5: by J. (new)

J. Kahele Fantastic review :)

message 6: by Eve (new) - added it

Eve Dangerfield Thank you for the review! You made my day! :D <3

Aj the Ravenous Reader Glad to know it gave you more than what you expected. Wonderful review, Pearly.^^

Pearl Angeli Henz wrote: "Wow .. hahaha I never read FSoG or Bared to you but I read Three simple rules by Nikki Sloane, I think it's the same as this one ... I might read this .. hahaha"
I haven't heard about Three Simple Rules, Henz. I shall check that out, too! Haha :D

§ Bookworm Nidhz § wrote: "GREAT review glam doll !!! i love james , isn't he just adorable ?! sexy , sweet and charming …
yah seriously , who could resist such a guy ?!"

Thank you, pretty! Wow, have you read this, too? I agree with you! :))

Maddie wrote: "Great review Pearl xoxo"
Thank you, Madz. :))

Tabetha wrote: "Wow--that cover! Love your review, and you are already on your way to exceeding any reading challenge you may set : )"
Thank you, ate Tabetha! :) Yep I didn't expect to read more books these days. :) Happy Monday! :)

J. wrote: "Fantastic review :)"
Thank you, Ms. J. :)

Eve wrote: "Thank you for the review! You made my day! :D <3"
You're welcome, Eve. :) Yay!

Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Glad to know it gave you more than what you expected. Wonderful review, Pearly.^^"
Thank you, AJ dear! :) Happy Monday!

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Great review, hun! I'm not a fan of FSoG, so I don't think this one is for me. But that cover is HOT! Glad you enjoyed this!! :D xoxo

Pearl Angeli Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Great review, hun! I'm not a fan of FSoG, so I don't think this one is for me. But that cover is HOT! Glad you enjoyed this!! :D xoxo"
Thank you, sweetie. :) I agree with the cover. Haha! And yes, this one's certainly not for the faint-hearted! :)

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic all hail sexiness! awesome review sis Pearl! :)

Pearl Angeli Beatrice wrote: "all hail sexiness! awesome review sis Pearl! :)"
Yes for sexiness! Haha! Thank you, sissy! :)) xoxoxo

Stacey is Sassy Great review my lovely. Might have to check it out :-) ♥

message 14: by Judith (new)

Judith Wonderful review,Honey!!

Pearl Angeli Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Great review my lovely. Might have to check it out :-) ♥"
Thank you, Stacey! It's worth it. Hope you will love it! :)

Judith wrote: "Wonderful review,Honey!!"
Thank you, Judith! :)

message 16: by Dali (new)

Dali Lovely review Pearl!

Pearl Angeli Dali wrote: "Lovely review Pearl!"
Thank you, Dali! :))

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Stunning review as always xoxo

Pearl Angeli Madeleine (Maddie) wrote: "Stunning review as always xoxo"
Thank you, Maddie! :) xx