Vicky Marie's Reviews > The Cracked Spine

The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton

bookshelves: dnf, cozy-mysteries

DNF at 50%

Got halfway through before deciding not to continue. I thought some things-the premise, setting, mystery, secondary characters-were fine. My problem was Delaney and her infinite questions. Boy does she ask SO MANY QUESTIONS. Not just for info on the murder, but for everything. It was like every conversation she had with someone was more of an interrogation. It was this characteristic that was the basis for solving Jenny's murder. I prefer if the protagonist has an actual reason to take on investigating. Delaney's reason was that she was noisy. A great start to a series that unfortunately got ruined by its leading lady.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cracked Spine.

January 5, 2016 – Shelved
January 5, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
May 10, 2016 – Shelved as: dnf
May 10, 2016 – Shelved as: cozy-mysteries
May 10, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Barbara Lynn I agree - ruined by its leading lady. I do not like Delaney at all. She was so irritating to me. I found her to be intrusive, nosey and almost a 'bully', especially to Elias. I haven't finished it yet but think I'll just skip to the end to see who actually killed Jenny. I have no interest in reading any additional books in this series.

message 2: by Vicky Marie (new) - added it

Vicky Marie I didn't even skip to the end. I was just done with it. It was a shame because I thought other aspects were good.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary I also read about half the book before deciding not to finish it. I realized I just didn't care about the characters or what was going to happen to them. I really liked the setting for the story.