Kristin L.'s Reviews > Fate's Encore: A Baby Boomer Love Story

Fate's Encore by J.J. Ellis

Jan 05, 2016

I was really looking forward to this story from author JJ Ellis. I have read all of her series so far, and I really love getting to know favorite characters better. I also so love seeing glimpses from other stories tied into this one!

I appreciate that the main characters of the story are older. It proves that you are never too old for romance, and that we all deserve that second chance at love, or as the titles suggests, an encore from Fate in the way of a second love.

Again, I know Jack and Evie from previous stories, and this was getting to know them better. I loved finally learning more about Jack, and how his life with Fran (his first wife) had been - the ups and downs. The same goes for Evie - we finally learn about Cole, and how her life with him shaped her into the person we read about in Fate's Encore. I think readers will love taking this journey with Jack and Evie. It is a journey of forgiveness, acceptance and finally, about allowing oneself the chance at a second great love. This is a poignant love story, with just a touch of spice, and one that I highly recommend.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate's Encore.

December 26, 2015 – Started Reading