Ruth's Reviews > Blue Diablo

Feb 21, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read in February, 2011

Corine Solomon has been in hiding for the past year and a half. As a Handler, when she handles an object, she is thrown into a vision of the past, present, and sometimes future of the object. A year and a half ago her boyfriend Chance and she worked together to find lost people and bring justice to those who inflict harm on others. She left after an incredibly painful near death experience and never looked back. Chance has been mooning over her since she left but refused to chase after her. When his mother turns up missing though, Chance has no choice but to track down Corine and use her gift to find his mother.

I found this to be a very strange read. I never got incredibly into it as I usually do with this type of book. I continually put off reading it. I did enjoy the story, there was just something lacking in the portrayal of the book. I agree with the reviewer who said that there was a lot going on while not much was going on. The book lagged in areas where it should not have lagged. I also had a hard time with Chance's persona. Did he distance himself in a 3 year relationship simply because a previous lover died. It just doesn't fully add up in my mind.

That being said, I find myself strangely wanting to continue the series. I have higher hopes for the second in the series. And my fingers are crossed that Corine and Chance may finally work out some of their many issues that they have together. Should they start to resolve some conflicts it will definitely help move the story line along.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Diablo.