Rachel's Reviews > Like There's No Tomorrow

Like There's No Tomorrow by Camille Eide

bookshelves: 2016-a-z-character, 2016-e-reader, read-2016, 2016-audiobooks, slb-tours

What a lovely story! I knew when I read the synopsis for this book that I was in for a treat. One, it involved a visit to Scotland! Two, it involved 2 older, somewhat frail ladies under the care of their individual family members. The situations this puts our two main caretakers in were sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sometimes wonderfully touching.

Ian MacLean is anxious to get out from under the "burden" of having to be on constant watch and care of his grannie, Maggie. He sees no reason that her sister, Grace, who is living in America, shouldn't move to Scotland and take over the primary care. After all, the letters that he's been reading to Maggie from Grace (and Emily) indicate she is doing great and, in his mind, well able to care for them both. However, what he doesn't know is that the letters from Grace (written by Emily) do not reveal the whole picture.

Emily Chapman has been lovingly caring for her Aunt Grace for many years and knows that Grace is not well enough to travel to Scotland by herself to see her sister. And it definitely wouldn't be safe to leave her in charge of another elderly lady. So when she gets a letter from Maggie (written by Ian) indicating that they want Grace to move to Scotland, Emily writes back a quick refusal.

When Ian comes to America on business and shows up at Emily's work, the battle lines are drawn. But Ian didn't know that Emily was a young woman and Emily didn't know that Ian could be such a charmer and so persuasive. As they spend time together sparks began to fly. But Ian and Emily both have serious wounds from their pasts. Can they work through these issues and find another chance at happiness?

This a very well written book with a lot of well developed characters and in depth emotions. You'll laugh and cry as you follow Ian and Emily's journey to God and to healing, hope, and true love.

*Thanks to Singing Librarian Books & the author for a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions stated are my own.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like There's No Tomorrow.

January 5, 2016 – Shelved