Tori's Reviews > Counter To My Intelligence

Counter To My Intelligence by Lani Lynn Vale

Counter To My Intelligence surrounds a very familiar face who we originally met in her Freebird series-Silas MacKenzie. President of The Dixie Wardens MC, we learn through out these two intertwining series that Silas is not the man we thought he was and his waters run deep. A former CIA agent, he has burned many bridges that has left him all alone in a sea of people. When he finds out an ex-girlfriend's daughter , Sawyer, is getting out of prison, he never even considered that she may be his redemption.

I was pleased to see Vale revert back to her earlier writing style with this installment. Reminiscent of Kristen Ashley, Vale has her hands full with her alpha men and the strong women they fall in love with. The balance between the May-December romance and low-key suspense plotline blends well with a strong backstory and a full body cast of familiar faces and some new one. Vale essentially keeps Silas in character, softening him a little with the romance, but not changing him from the rough, secretive, alpha he has always been. Rather she creates the perfect mate for him. A smart, sweet, strong heroine whose learned to bend with adversity instead of breaking.

I look forward to the next book which is Sila's brother and Sawyer's best friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Counter To My Intelligence.

January 5, 2016 – Shelved