Mel's Reviews > Shadow Walker

Shadow Walker by Allyson James

Feb 21, 2011

bookshelves: dragons, magic, mythology, shape-shifters, urban-fantasy, e-book, 2011
Read from June 12 to 14, 2011

I love this series and it just gets better-and-better. Allyson James has one hell of an imagination. I'd love to take a little vacation in her mind and spend some quality time with Colby, the seriously hot, heavily tattooed, bad boy dragon with an attitude the size of Texas and a real issue with authority. It would be nice to see him get his own book so I could get something from his POV. Something tells me he's wicked pervy. Not that that 's the only reason I want more Colby.

Sorry, I seemed to have gotten distracted by a damn firewalker. hee hee FYI, all of the characters in this series are great; even Janet's cravy, over-bearing grandmother. Where else will you find an old movie loving, stamp collecting nightwalker, a magical void, a drag queenesque magic mirror and a loud mouthed female Latina electrician? Right here. The main character's, Janet and Mick, are an amazing couple and though very different in ways, they just work. Janet being a bad ass stormwalker and Mick being a dragon fit together in a way that reminds me of Jeaniene Frost's Cat and Bones. The stubborness, determination and undying love is just beautiful to me. These books may be UF and not PNR but when I'm finished with one of the books I'm happy. There aren't many UF series that make me feel like that. There's humor, love, lots of action and an occasional round of healing/tantric sex. This series rocks.

I can't wait to see what happens next. Especially with Coyote who just happens to be my favorite version of the Trickster God right now. He never fails to crack me up and it looks like he's in for it in the next book. Please, Allyson, write faster. Yes I'm aware that both a novella and a novel came out last week and that you've already released one of your Shifter's Unbound books this year but I need more. Please and thank you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Walker.