Vickie 's Reviews > Coast

Coast by Jay McLean

Jan 03, 2016

bookshelves: reviewed-for-we-ve-licked-that-book

This has quickly turned into one of my favourite series of 2016. With a story that consumed me and characters that I personally loved, I found it hard to put Coast down.

Josh is a father, son, pro skater with a heart of gold, and at one point, Beccas saviour...he's all that and much more. I could go on and on about Josh, there's nothing about him I dislike and I was rooting for him from the start.
Becca is broken, abused, determined, and stronger than she gives herself credit for. I needed Becca to be happy after everything she's been through. Still struggling with her past but finally starting to try to work through her feelings, everything's thrown up in the air when she sees Josh again.

Both trying their best to put the other first, the obstacles keep getting thrown in their way, making them really work to find some sort of balance.

A really emotional, well written story (there were times even my cold black heart melted. And I may have got wet eyes a couple of times). I loved the relationship between Josh and Becca. They see each other in a way no one else does and are always there, ready to catch the other when they stumble. Josh's relationship with Tommy is so absolutely ovary explodingly sweet. I loved Tommy. Innocent, funny and caring he brings some light relief into Josh and Beccas lives.

A fantastic, emotional romance with brilliant in-depth characters that will worm their way into your hearts and a story you won't forget in a hurry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coast.

January 3, 2016 – Shelved