Carrie's Reviews > Sweet Starfire

Sweet Starfire by Jayne Ann Krentz

Feb 19, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, read-2011, sci-fi-rom, suspense, science-fiction, sfr-reading-challenge-2011, road-trip
Read from April 04 to 05, 2011

Sci-Fi Romance Reading Challenge 2011

Sweet Starfire was published in 1986, presumably before Jayne Ann Krentz was writing her sci-fi romance under the name Jayne Castle. I didn't look at the copyright date until after I'd finished, and was surprised to find this was Krentz's first "futuristic" book. In my opinion, it's one of the best I've read by her under any pen name. The book has a solid plot, great action scenes, a slow-building romance, well-developed characters, and detailed world-building. Sweet Starfire is the first book in the Lost Colony trilogy. From what I can gather, the books are not dependent on each other, but take place in the same universe. The other books are Crystal Flame and Shield's Lady. The latter was originally published under pen name Amanda Glass, but has been reissued under Jane Ann Krentz.

There was something genuine in the interactions between the main characters, Teague Severence and Cidra Rainforest. Krentz does a great job making the emotions and actions of the leads believable and often moving. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Starfire.

04/26/2016 marked as: read